Skip to content
- Artists may enter up to two (2) artworks.
- Entry fee is $40 per entry and is non-refundable. Payment is required before your Entry Form is processed. Direct Deposit Payment can be made to
Acct Name: VPS PnC Assoc Inc • BSB 633-000 • Acct No. 167-610-567 • Ref: Surname, Initial (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Each piece of work (hung on its own hanger) shall count as one entry. Diptychs/Triptychs are considered one entry but total size of piece must adhere to size limitations.
- Each separate artwork is judged.
- PRESENTATION: All 2D artwork to be equipped with flat “D” rings and cord and be marked clearly on the back with the artist’s name, title of work and price.
- No wet works will be accepted.
- Artworks without suitable hanging cords or wires will not be hung.
- All items must be for sale and a 34% commission must be included in the sale price quoted. If registered for the GST, the GST component must be included. Artists must seek their own advice from the ATO if they are unsure as to whether they are liable for GST.
- The Vasse Art Award (VAA) is a sub committee of the Vasse Primary School P&C Assoc Inc. a non-profit organisation. The P&C is not registered for GST and therefore is not obligated to collect GST on art sales. As an artist, you will need to provide the P&C with a tax invoice quoting your ABN number and the sale price of your artwork, minus the Award commission. (For example, if your artwork sold for $1,000, the P&C will collect the total payment of $1,000 from the buyer and retain a 34% commission. You then provide a tax invoice for $660)
- All works must be the artist’s own work, completed within the last two years and must NOT have won any previous prizes.
- Biographical details and / or artist’s statement must be included with the entry form.
- INSURANCE: This is the responsibility of the Artist. All reasonable care will be taken but no responsibility for loss or damage is accepted by the VAA Committee or Vasse Primary School P&C Assoc, Inc..
- Artists wishing to submit large sculptural pieces are advised to discuss their proposal well in advance.
- Archival materials and quality of construction will be considered by the judges. The organisers may reject any entry on the grounds that material, subject, presentation or method of production is considered unsuitable for the purpose of the Award.
- Entry 1: maximum ax artwork size is 160cm x 160cm x 160cm (including frame). Entry 2: maximum size is 80cm x 80cm x 80cm (including frame. Items larger than this size on any dimension will not be accepted.
- Artist must be prepared to deliver and help move their 3D artwork weighing more than 25kg. Sculptors are asked to provide their own plinth if necessary.
- Selection and judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- MEDIA RELEASE: Artists agree to allow any work to be reproduced in part, or whole, by print or electronic media for promotion of the Vasse Art Award. Copyright remains the property of the artist.
- Reasonable effort will be made to exhibit ALL works and ALL entries will be judged.
- Organizers are NOT responsible for repacking artwork for pick up. This is the responsibility of the artist.
- Art not collected during specified times will remain secured on the school property, at the artist’s own risk and it will be the responsibility of the artist to arrange collection during school hours.
- Successful award winning artists will be notified via telephone and invited to the VAA Opening Night and Award Winners Presentation on Saturday 3 April 2021 for the presentation of prizes.
- Mass produced artworks will not be accepted.
- The Silent Auction is a popular component of the VAA exhibition with many artists donating an artwork on small 10″ square canvas to help raise funds for Vasse Primary School. These 10″x10” canvases have been generously donated by Jacksons Drawing Supplies in Busselton and Artists can collect a canvas in-store while stocks last.
Please deliver the Silent Auction artwork at Art-In with your VAA entry.